Meta Title is the 50-60-character long title that helps potential visitors decide whether or not to click on the site. It must be clear and concise, with a focus on the page’s keywords. It is written in bold, the most evident part in a search result and therefore, a major part in the decision making process of the visitor.
According to Moz, title tags have “long been considered one of the most important on-page SEO elements”. Place the main keywords on the start of the meta title as it is more likely to rank for that keyword based query.
Moz provides this template:
Primary Keyword – Secondary Keyword | Brand Name
How to Add it on Wix?
- Enter the Editor then choose the desired web page.
- Click ‘Main Pages’ on the left side of the Editor.
- Choose the page to edit then click on the button on its right to show more.
- Click SEO (Google).
- Enter the page title under What’s the page’s title on search results and browser tabs?
- Click Publish at the top right of the Editor.