Affiliate Marketing certainly has the potential to drive sales conversion. This performance-based type of marketing strategy rewards content creators with sales commission for each item sold coming from their website. The sales are tracked via affiliate links from one website to another.
In fact, huge brands such as Nike and Adidas work with a lot of affiliates to increase product sales. All brands can take advantage of Affiliate Marketing, however, not all techniques are applicable to all.
There are several different Affiliate Marketing strategies that you, as a brand, can leverage and below are some examples:
1. Work With Right Affiliates
With Affiliate Marketing, brands can work with influential websites or bloggers based on the targeted niche.
If you want to influence the buying decisions of your desired audience, it is best to work with the website or bloggers they visit and trust.
When choosing an affiliate consider checking the following:
- Engagement and relationship with their audience
- Number of followers, site ranking, views, and authority
For a brand that sells athleisure clothes, it is rational to work with sports-related websites or sports bloggers such as Bleacher Report.
2. Attract With Deals (Coupons and Discounts)
Who wouldn’t want a great deal?
Brands can regularly add coupons and discounts as a marketing strategy to boost sales and increase customer loyalty.
According to Bigcommerce, 90% of consumers use coupons and digital coupon redemptions is to surpass $90 billion by 2022.
While discounts are attractive to shoppers, digital coupons can also be a successful means of growing the social media following and email marketing list or encouraging mobile website usage.
There are many coupon and deal websites – Amazon Coupon, Offers.com, etc., that allow you to post your offer to drive website traffic and increase conversions.
Coupons work best in markets that are highly competitive such as food, beauty, travel, or gadgets.
3. Improve Product and Checkout Page
Sure, Affiliate Marketing works but a brand can’t completely rely on the affiliates and sit back to watch sales come in. It’s the brand’s job to make sure that the landing page is easy to natigate.
If you want to generate more sales, you should deliver a good customer experience, and for this, you need to optimize your product and checkout page and make sure that:
- Webpages load fast
- Product informations are sufficient
- Photos are high quality
- Product reviews are relevant
4. Collaborate With Product Review Websites and Blogs
- 90% of consumers read 5-10 product reviews before trust a brand.
- 68% of consumers decide after reading 1-6 reviews.
- 59% of consumers scout reviews from 2-3 different review sites before buying.
Another strategy to increase sales conversions is to work with reliable product review websites and blogs.
Here is a checklist of what can be included on the content:
- Affiliate link.
- Pros and Cons of the product. Make sure to include the Cons to make it more authentic.
- Product link (mention multiple times).
- Personal experiences and stories of using the product.
- Relevant and popular keywords to ensure that the content shows up in relevant search engine results.
- Images and videos to make it engaging.
5. Utilize Email Marketing
Email Marketing is an effective way of maintaining direct communication with the target niche. Brands can create a series of newsletters educating about the features and benefits of the product and ask affiliates to send it to their subscribers. Make sure it isn’t overly promotional and affiliate links are mentioned multiple times. At the end of the series, make sure to mention sales pitch, offers, and deals.
Have you ever used Affiliate Marketing before? Which of the abovementioned strategies do you find to be the most effective?